The YouScript® Precision Prescribing System can help payers and accountable care organizations (ACOs) meet the triple aim of improving population health, patient experience and reducing the per capita cost of health care.
Reduce Per Capita Cost of Healthcare
- Intervention with the YouScript Precision Prescribing System has been shown to cut ER visits by 71 percent and hospitalizations by 39 percent in an elderly population taking multiple medications, compared to those who did not receive the intervention. Researchers estimated potential cost savings per patient in the tested group at $218 in just four months.
- Curious if these results will be seen in your patient population? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about our Pilot offer.
- Avoiding adverse drug events (ADE)s means fewer costs and fewer hospitalizations. It’s estimated that 100,000 deaths per years are due to properly prescribed drugs, $1.4-4 billion of direct hospital costs are due to adverse drug reactions, and up to 20% of readmissions are attributed to ADEs.
Improve Population Health
- YouScript’s Risk Analysis Dashboard helps manage population health by allowing health systems and providers to stratify their patient population. Its CYP Testing Recommendation tool highlights which patients should be considered for pharmacogenetic testing due to their likelihood of experiencing impactful adverse drug events (ADEs). Meanwhile, the Known Interaction Risk tool prioritizes patients for intervention.
Improve Patient Experience of Care
- More than 90% of the population is interested in pharmacogenetics and studies have shown that testing can increase medication adherence. Pharmacogenetics may also help increase feelings of trust, confidence, and shared decision-making between doctor and patient.