Position Type: Part-time, approximately 10 hrs/week
Physical work site: 3101 Western Ave, Suite 100, Seattle, WA 98121
Apply: Send cover letter, resume and copy of transcripts, with LAB AIDE in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Human Resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Routine equipment calibration checks and maintenance.
- Ordering, stocking of laboratory supplies, reagent preparation, and routine cleaning.
- Archiving, document control, scanning/filing quality records.
- Biological sample disposal, discarding procedures and records after retention period.
- Recording information in quality control logs, spreadsheets and QA databases.
- Generation and send out of patient reports.
- Compliance with all regulatory policies and performing tasks according to laboratory procedures.
The following is required:
- Current enrollment in an accredited University with an emphasis in Science.
- Reliable and punctual with a desire to make a long term commitment (at least 2 years).
- Proficient with MS Office.
- Efficient time manager and attention to detail.
- Willing to take on tasks and duties as assigned independently when fully trained.
- Effective communication verbal and written communication skills.